Monday, September 4, 2017

SUMMER | ENDLESS SUMMER | GWEN WRUCK

Hi Creative Friends,

Back today for another Cocoa Vanilla Studios share, this time I have a fun Summer themed page featuring me!   This shot was taken at a Fun Run my sister and I did last year, as part of our "try new things" year for my 40th birthday.  I had never done anything like this so it was on our list!! AND it was so fun!  Now, we didn't run but walked the 10-kilometre track, stopping along the way for happy snaps and this was one of them!  I've used the Endless Summer collection for this for its Summery soft tones.


The idea for the page began with my photo and the die cut title from the Ephemera Pack.  I find a page always comes together quickly when you have something like this to start you off.  I then went about cutting out the floral die cut file from the Colour Me Happy collection.  I went quite large with these as I knew I wanted them to be a major part of my design and to layer my photo and elements over the top of them.  I've left then plain white to contrast my background.


I went with the Sweet Treats paper for my background, because, well, who doesn't love a wood grain!  I have rotated the paper so the grain runs up and down rather than across as I knew my design would flow more in this direction.  Next, I went about matting my photo, I've used both sides of the Coastal Chill paper.  I love doing this for a double matt photo.  You know the patterns will work together well and you are only cutting into one sheet.  I've also used a section of the This & That paper as my third paper layer, lots of fun things to fussy cut out of this one and then you can use the outside edges as a photo mat.


I've then gone ahead and fussy cut out the pink doily and striped tab from the same paper and layered them into my paper stack.  I also took this opportunity to add some foam tape to my photo to make it stand out above the background layers.  Now was also the time to add a single pink flower from the Blooms pack.


I then went ahead and added the smaller elements.  I adore the little wood veneer pieces in this collection, cute clouds, hearts and even a flamingo!! I've also added a cloud from the puffy stickers sheet, super cute!! I then went in search of elements from the Ephemera Pack.  I went with this cute banner as well as the title.  It was a nice chance to add some stitching here as well.


Lastly, I added the Flair and Enamel Shapes and some Woodies, all the page was done!  I love how it turned out, so warm and Summery.  With Winter now behind us in Australia, I am so looking forward to seeing all the Spring/Summer filled pages and I hope mine has inspired you today.

Thanks for popping by today
Until next time
Gwen
xo





No comments: