Saturday, September 9, 2017

"Special Moments" for D-lish Scraps

Hi Creative Friends,

I hope you are all doing well!

I'm here today to share another layout for D-lish scraps, I've gone with a simple grid design for this one featuring Miss 10.  I wanted to document her recent reading addiction, she is reading mad right now and I LOVE IT, I sure do hope this phase sticks!  This photo was taken one day straight after school, I had taken 30 seconds to pop her school bag into the boot and she had raced around to the front seat, popped on her belt and already started reading all before I could even say "Hello, how was your day"!



To start the page, I created 9 squares of pattern paper from a paper pad.  I love a grid design as it is a great starting point and will continue to be a classic design.  I've sewn around the edges of each of the squares for added detail.  Next, it was time to matt my photo, I've gone with a pretty simple matt, again with scraps from the 6x6 paper pad. To finish the photo mat off I've added a paper doily.  You can never have enough of these in your stash!


I've placed the photo in the bottom left-hand corner of my page with the idea that the grid will form the background and on top of that there will be three focal points, one being the photo and another being my title, with the third being a cluster to balance.  To go with my photo, I've simply added a paper flower from Little Birdie.  I so love that D-lish stocks these, so many sizes and colours to choose from!


Next, I started work on my title and the cluster that would go with it.  I've used the Corbett Creations Wood Veneer word "Memories".  I added another Little Birdie flower here, as well as my favourite wood heart and a flair button.  


Here is that cluster from another angle, you can also see here I've also added a Resin flower and the feather design Creative cuts which are such a great option for those of you who do not have a Silhouette AND those of you who want the look without pulling out your machine!  I've backed these with a bright pink pattern also from the same 6x6 paper pad.



and... here is the third cluster, another of the creative cuts feathers and a Pick N Place Canvas bow - YES, these are back in stock so go get them now friends!!  I use these A LOT - they are on of my all time favourite D-lish products.  That's the layout done, a pretty clean and simple one, but I love how it turned out.

Products used:


thanks for popping by today
Gwen


xo

No comments: