Friday, August 18, 2017

THE SLEEPY KITTY | ENDLESS SUMMER | GWEN WRUCK

Hi Creative Friends,

Back today for another Cocoa Vanilla Studios share and this week on the blog our focus in on multiple photos.  Generally, I prefer to scrap one photo per page so it was fun to mix things up a bit and include more than one.  I had these 2 cute pics of my kitty Ferris and thought they would be perfect.  I seriously think this cat sleeps all day, it's quite the life don't you think!


The design for this page started with the photos which I knew I wanted to print smaller than usual.  These are 3 inches x 3 inches.  I would definitely recommend working with smaller prints if you are used to only using one photo at a time.  I also knew I wanted to create a bold title, another reason for printing smaller than usual as I knew my title would fill up quite a bit of space on the page.  I have used my Silhouette to cut the title from a plain piece of card stock, then I went about mounting it with the Sunbleached paper, I just love the ombre on this one, I didn't want a pattern in my background here, I wanted something very simple and this paper was perfect.


Next, it was time to get about hand stitching.  I punched small holes around the edge of the letters and then hand stitched using embroidery thread.  I like to leave a small white space between the edge of the letters and my stitching so that it looks more like an outline rather than sitting directly on the edge.

I then also mounted this piece of white cardstock onto the Sweet Treats paper - just so that a small strip was showing at the top and a slightly larger one down the bottom.  I also added stitching with my machine around the edge at this point.


Now was the time to place my photos and add my embellishment clusters.  I wanted the design to be somewhat symmetrical, so I placed one photo under the title on the left and the other above the title on the right.  I have mounted these using the striped side of the Coastal Chill paper and the lightest part of the Sunbleached paper.  Next, I added the cute floral pieces from the accessory stickers sheet.  I know it's extravagant to use the 2 floral pieces from 2 separate sheets, but I had them there and I really wanted that part of the design to balance.



 It was now time to finish off my title, I've done this with the Alphabet stickers.  I pulled out the green letters on the sheet to help balance out the small green details from the flower clusters.  There was already a lot of the warm peach tones, so I didn't want to add to them, I wanted something to break them up a little.  With such a big title, I wanted to keep the other elements on the page quite simple so I have just added a few wood veneer elements, these ones are from the Life is Beautiful collection and some sticker hearts also from the Accessory Sticker sheet.




Lastly, I added some cute enamel elements from the Enamel Shapes pack and the layout was done.

Thanks for popping by today, I hope you have enjoyed seeing how this one came together and I'd love to see your pages using more than one photo; so be sure to share them in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community, we do really love seeing your creations!

Until next time,
Gwen
xo

No comments: