Friday, June 9, 2017

"Happy Heart" for D-lish Scraps

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all having a fun-filled day!  Here to share my latest page for D-lish Scraps and I hope you all have your sunglasses handy!!


 The idea for this page came from a visit to the hardware store to look for paint swatches.  I was looking through a flyer and saw a swatch of many colours lined up all on one page and thought I could re-create that on the background of a layout in water colours.  I will admit, my initial thought was NOT for it to be so bright, I was thinking pastel watercolours in rows - but the colours turned out way more saturated than expected!!  Yes, I did think of adding a sheet of vellum over the whole lot to tone it back but decided to go with it, and just add some coloured pencil over the top to soften just a little.  It is nice to get out of your comfort zone every once in a while and try out something new!


Lots of close ups to share!  Once I had created my background, I then went about pulling out groups of embellishments from my stash that matched the background colour.  I was going for 'colour on colour' layering here.  My stash made it really easy to do actually, as most of the products in the D-lish store come in a variety of colours so you can see I've used the same element in different colours around my page.  This helps the design flow.


Here you can see the Resin Flowers which come in a variety of colours all in the one pack as well as the new Creative Cuts, perfect for those of you who don't have a Silhouette but want that electronic cut look.  I've used two on my page, the largest of the two in the top right hand side and then a smaller one at the bottom of my page.


Here you can see the Fantasy Blooms and a Resin Embellishment as well as the Enamel Hearts.  These enamel shapes are so cute, the perfect sized heart and the pack includes 5 different colours, I've used them all!


There are a stack of Paper Flowers in store as well and I've used a couple of different types simply choosing those that were a perfect fit for the background colour.


To finish up the layout, I added in some sequins (again in co-ordinating shades) and then some tiny word phrases.  Whilst I'm not sure I'll do the bold colours again, I do love how this turned out and am determined to give this another go, maybe with some softer toned inks??  In any case, I sure hope it inspires you to give something different a try or to create a rainbow coloured page!

D-lish products used:




thanks for popping by today
Gwen
xo

No comments: