Tuesday, May 23, 2017

"The Happy Crazy Sister" for D-lish Scraps

Hi Everyone,

Another layout to share with you today for D-lish Scraps.  I had such fun creating this page, not only due to the fun photo, but because it was created on a little scrap day with the super talented Amanda Hartmann and Nicolee Cable from the D-lish design team as well as some other very special scrapbooking ladies!



Yep, so now I better explain the photo a little.  This one features my sister and I and was taken on Christmas day 2016.  Our mum has a Christmas tradition (like many) that once dinner is served, we all crack Bon Bons, tell the jokes and wear our paper hats.  No-one is "allowed" to take their hat off until dinner is done!  One year, mum even made us all Santa hats and stitched our names on them which was hilarious, as we all obviously know each others names seeing we are having Christmas dinner together!! 

Anyway, this was a quick silly selfie taken of my sister and I to add to the ongoing tradition that is the Christmas hat for our family.  I'm so serious because I was concentrating on taking the selfie and she is crazy, well, because she IS just a little crazy.




Now onto the layout!!  This one started with some pretty paint splatters using my mists and these large yellow fussy cut flowers.  Next, I set about matting my photo and used a paper baggie to do this.  I love the bold colours of these!  I also found a scrap of yellow paper to mount my photo and Amanda gave me this piece of silver/white mesh which added lovely texture to my paper layers.   


Next, I added in my bright yellow fussy cut flowers and then went looking through my stash of D-lish flowers.  I just love the floral choices Amanda gets for us all, from paper to resin there are so many to choose from in lots of sizes, so great for layering.  I've added links below to all of these!


Once I was happy with my paper flower clusters, it was time to add in some resin flowers.  I like to spread these out in little clusters, usually in 3 spots around my page.   You all know by now I'm a huge fan of these wooden hearts, the perfect addition to any page... you can paint or ink over them but I rarely do as I love their soft wooden shade.  You can also see here I've added in some of the divine glitter dots as well.



One last close up, this time of the cute bow - how sweet are these??  They come on a paper clip so you can easily attach to your paper layers.

I hope you have enjoyed today's post and the little bit of silly that goes along with it.  It's so nice to scrap family traditions isn't it!



D-lish products used:



thanks for popping by today
Gwen
xo

No comments: