Tuesday, May 9, 2017

"So Thankful" for D-lish Scraps

Hi Everyone,

Another layout to share with you today for D-lish Scraps.  After the divine Inspiration board for this month was revealed,  I was inspired to use a similar combo again for this layout. I went with Grey, Yellow and Pink this time rather than the Melon shade and I love the results.  I am always so blown away by the unique colour combos our Boss Lady Amanda comes up with for the kits and they are always so inspiring to work with.



I have been seeing a lot of beautiful layouts lately using the "Shorelines Script" font and I just HAD to get my hands on it!  I managed to find it at www.dafont.com so I downloaded it and was able to use it with my Silhouette to cut out the title for this page.  I started by cutting out the word "thankful" 6 times, 3 in white card stock and 3 others in shades of yellow and pink.



Next, I pulled out my mists and did a little splattering up and down the centre section of my card stock.  I knew I wanted a centred design for this one mainly due to the large photo I wanted to use of my sister and mum and the length of the words I had cut out.  I also used a little of the packaging technique in a really light shade of pink and yellow, I wanted this to be subtle.  I worked on my photo mat next, adding a few paper layers in pink, grey and yellow.  This allowed me to see where my photo would be placed in relation to the words I wanted to use.




Next, I went about layering up the words I had cut, layering a white one, then a pink or yellow one on top.  Once I was happy with the placement considering my photo mat, I stitched them down.  Next, it was time to add the "SO" part of the title, this was also cut from my Silhouette in a bold and simple font and was placed in the centre top part of my page.  With the bulk of the design done, it was now time to add in all the pretty elements.  



As soon as I saw these sparkly puffy hearts in the shop I snapped some up, so so pretty!  You can still get the Pretty in Pink Kit which includes one of these in each kit on the website.  Such a pretty kit.  I've also used Enamel Dots, D-lish Bows and a variety of Resin Flowers to finish.

I hope you all get a chance to play along with the Inspiration board this month and be sure to check out this months kit!

D-lish products used:

Puffy Hearts from the Pretty in Pink Kit


thanks for popping by today
Gwen
xo






No comments: