Friday, May 19, 2017

ONE IN A MILLION | YOU ROCK | GWEN WRUCK

Hello fellow paper lovers,

I'm back today to share my latest creation for Cocoa Vanilla Studios.

With the release of the new You Rock collection, we are focusing this week on the boys in our life, so how could I not scrap a page of my darling husband. ((Yes, another silly snap, this time on a quick coffee date.))



The idea for this page began with a grid design.  I have always loved these as they are such a great way to start a page, especially when you are not 100% sure of what direction to go in.  I began by cutting 8 squares all 3.5-inch x 3.5-inches.  I chose the circular design of the 'Stripped' paper for three of the squares, the white side of the 'Experimental' paper for two more and the blue side of this paper for 2 more squares.

I have mounted these onto the 'Night Sky' paper into 3 rows.  I even placed a square in the very centre as at this stage I wasn't sure where I wanted my photo mat.  I love the lines in the background, they remind me of notebook paper from school.  Next, I knew I wanted to fill in the 2 left over spaces of my grid. For the lower one I chose a blue frame from the chipboard stickers and for the top right-hand side, I chose a large circular piece from the ephemera pack.  


Every collection, Zoe wow's us with her die cut ephemera packs and this one is no exception!  I've used the large piece that says 'You are my WORLD" as part of my title and so many other bits and pieces in this layout.  I love how it's circular shape highlights the circles in the paper design.  This gave me the idea to add a few more!! I added a larger circle to the left of my photo and 2 smaller ones to the bottom right-hand corner of my photo.  I also added here a star cut from the 'Random' paper.


Next, I went about adding another layer of squares, overlapping the background grid.  I have used my photo mat as the largest of these and then added 2 more chipboard frames to round out the design.  I then went about filling in the spaces using ephemera, more chipboard pieces, Accessory Stickers, Wood veneer and a flair.



The 'hello' piece from the wood veneer set became the beginning of my title.  The natural colour of the wood coordinated really well with the yellow hints I was picking up in my photo so no need to add anything, just glue and go.  Next, I had to add some of the Rubber Charms!!  I completely forgot I was supposed to be hoarding these and added 3 in total, don't you just love love love them!


Last but not least, I added a flair from the flair pack and the layout was done.
With so many fun elements in this collection,  there really is something for everyone and I have so enjoyed creating with it!  If you haven't seen the collection yet, be sure to check it out!

Until next time
Gwen
xo

No comments: