Thursday, May 4, 2017

GOOD TIMES | TOTALLY RAD | GWEN WRUCK

Hello again Creative friends,

Here today to share another Cocoa Vanilla Studios layout, this time using up my stash of Totally Rad.  With the new release You Rock in stores soon, I thought NOW would be a great time to use up my stash ready for the shiny new things!  You will all know I'm not a big "boy" scrapper, but I do love this line as it has a softer feel than some other grungy style boy lines.  It's not crazy out of my style, but I promise not a flower in sight!


Now would probably be a good time to 'explain' this photo!! Hubby and I had just taken a ride on the Wheel of Brisbane, which you can see me pointing to in the middle of the photo.  We were on a rare date - we don't get much time just the two of us (without Miss 10) so we were feeling a little silly and snapped this selfie!  It really does capture the crazy side of my man, which of course I love.  

The design of the page started with the Line Up paper, which I consider a great neutral and totally useable on pages of any type.  I love the bold lines and knew I wanted these to run lengthways across the background of my layout.  Next, I went about cutting a chevron cut file.  I found this one on the Silhouette website #55485.  This is a great file for using up paper scraps, you could mix and match any papers that you have left in this collection as they all work really well together.  Once cut, I arranged them in lines on my background alternating the Stellar paper and the Say What paper.   Once I was happy with the placement, I stitched them down with some gold thread, because who doesn't love gold thread right?? :)


Next, I knew I wanted to use the title "these are Good Times" from the Mix Tape paper so I fussy cut it out and mounted it onto a neutral part of that same paper.  I also fussy cut out the words "Love This" and "Crazy" as I thought they fit my photo really well.  It was then time to mount the photo, for this I've used plain white card stock from my stash.  Then I went about adding the title and photo onto my page. I did this first, as they were my two biggest elements and I wanted to be sure I had their placement right before adding my smaller embellishments.



Once the photos were locked in, it was time to add the other text elements including those I had cut in the step above.  I felt like my page needed a little more and when I saw the sticker "You have to be odd to be number one" from the Accessory Stickers sheet I just knew I had to add it!  I also found this cute AWESOME banner in the Wood Veneer,  as well as the star and man icons.  I've also added in some Woodies - I love these things and am so glad to see them in quite a few of the Cocoa Vanilla collections.  I went with 3 cluster groups to round out the design and added some Enamel Shapes to finish.

So.. go on, pull out your left overs of Totally Rad and use them up, those shiny new things are not far away now!

Gwen xo

No comments: