Saturday, April 15, 2017

On Trend - Wreath Design page "You + Me" for D-lish April Cybercrop

Hi Everyone,

Here today to share my latest layout for the D-lish design team as part of my challenge for the April Cybercrop.  I have been itching to create a layout using a wreath design and I've seen a stack of late so I thought why not challenge myself to give one a go!  Hope you like my take....


The design for the page started with this beautiful cut file "Floral Wreath" by Neat N Crafty - as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to use it for this challenge but as a twist, use the negative piece rather than the positive cut piece.  Don't worry, I saved that for another layout!  I have backed it with this divine floral paper from Kaisercraft.  Next up, I mounted my photo and decided where it should go.  I liked it on the left as hubby and I are more to the right in the picture.


Next, I decided to add the title underneath the photo and loved the idea of using some wooden elements.  I love the colour of these ones "all natural" and thought they were a great fit for the warm colours I already had going on.


To add interest and dimension to the wreath, I have fussy cut out some more flowers and layered them together.  I've also added some fabric flowers, fabric bows and the most divine resin flowers.  I have tried to cluster them loosely in three places around the wreath.  Repetition of the elements adds to a cohesive design... and I like groups of 3, they always look good. 


and there you have it... a pretty quick layout and not too much work once you get that cut file sorted.  So.. I've challenged myself, and now it's your turn... I'd love to to see what you create!

Thanks for popping by,
Gwen xo

No comments: