Wednesday, April 19, 2017

LOVE YOU | WILD AT HEART | GWEN WRUCK (Scrap Lift)

Hi creative friends,

Back with you today for something a little different.  This week over on the Cocoa Vanilla Studios blog we are Scrap lifting!!  Like many of you I'm sure, I'm a huge fan of Raquel Bowman and could not go past the opportunity to scrap lift one of her Cocoa Vanilla layouts.  After a lot of indecision (there are WAY too many beautiful designs to choose from), I went with this one.  I love the clean lines and central design and thought it would suit my photos really well.




and here is my version of her design:


It was so fun to have a design to work with and not have to make too many decisions about what should go where, almost like a sketch!  It meant the page came together really quickly as well!

I began by adding the top and bottom strips of Artisan paper pieces to the Double Dot paper.  I've also added some layers of the Patchwork paper both the A and B sides, for a pop of pink and florals.  I did also use some basic white card stock from my stash.  I have mat my photos with the B side of the Double Dot paper, I so love this shade of mint green and added lots of stitched details.


I also had the idea to use the negative chipboard piece from the "Love You" sentiment from the chipboard accent stickers as my title. I felt it was a really good fit with the Scrap lifted design as I needed something quite large that would fit across the width of my photo and keep with the linear style of the page.  It was also a great way to get more out of the chipboard.  Do you use the negative pieces on your layouts?



Next I began work on the flower clusters to the left and right of the photo.  There are so many beautiful elements in the Wild At Heart ephemera pack it was so fun to layer them all up together.  I finished off the clusters with some flowers from the Free Spirit and Hello Lovely collections.  I have added quite a few more pieces than Raquel did, simply because I feel my style is more layered and I do love to add heaps of embellishments.  Even when scrap lifting, I think it's important to be true to what you like and make the borrowed design your own.




Have you seen the Rubber Charms?  There are so many embellishments in this collection and these are some of my favourites.  I selected out the 2 bright pink charms and made sure they found a spot on my page, I love them so much. 



A final close up of the divine typed sentiments from the Accessories Sticker Sheet - one of the most popular items in the collection because they are so useful.  They are currently out of stock on the Cocoa Vanilla Studios website, however,  I have seen these at some of our stockists, so if you come across them, snap them up!  Of course I have also finished the layout with some Wild at Heart enamel dots, and woodies from the Free Spirit collection.


I hope this inspires you to give scrap lifting a try, it's a fun and easy way to create a layout. Don't forget to sprinkle a little of your own style in too for a wonderful result.

Thanks for popping by
Gwen xo

No comments: