Wednesday, April 5, 2017

HELLO ADELE | WILD AT HEART & HELLO SUNSHINE | GWEN WRUCK

Hello creative friends,

Today I'm here to share with you my latest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studios.  Crazy happy with how this layout came together and it has been so nice to document the Adele concert in Brisbane my sister and I recently attended.



The design and whole idea for this layout came from these sweet little notes that were sprinkled over us towards the end of the show, just like confetti.  As soon as I saw they had hand written song lyrics on them I knew I had to use them on a layout and my sister and I went madly about trying to get one of each of the different types! 



Then came the tricky part, trying to include them in a way that was my style, not taking too much away from my photo but showing them off as well.  I came up with the idea to use them in my background.  To do this I chose 3 of my favourite papers (Artisan, Luscious and Grow Wild) from the Wild At Heart collection and cut rectangle pieces similar to the size of the notes, these are 5.5cm x 3 cm if you are looking to re-create at home.  I then layered them onto a white piece of card stock in a patch work kind of design, mixing up the papers for interest as I went.  Once I was happy with how these looked, I added in the song lyric pieces and stitched in place.



Next, I went about adding the chipboard frames, ohh how I love these, and layered them in with the photo mat. I then decided I wanted a little more interest in the background and had some of the XOXO shapes cut from the Colour Me Happy cut files I really wanted to use. I like to cut elements in advance so I have them on hand when creating and these were from that pre-cut stash.  I also took this time to add in the title, using the Hello Sunshine Alphabet stickers which were a perfect colour match to the blue shades in this collection.  Next, I noticed the flair badge that said "Hello" and then went about finding all of the "hello" sentiments I could from the collection and was quite surprised at how many I found!!  These really helped my layout come together.  ("Hello" is one of my favourite Adele songs and the song she sang to open the show)


Then, I went through the Die Cut Ephemera pack and found this sweet blue bow, blue flowers and fab star elements.  I also added the wood veneer hearts at this point and decided where that flair should go.  Lastly, I finished out the layout with some Hello Sunshine enamel shapes - how cute are these hearts? and these divine typed sentiments from the Accessory Sticker sheet.


I hope you enjoyed hearing about my process for this layout, and if you too went to the concert, I'd love to see how you documented the event. 

Thanks for popping by today,

Gwen xo

No comments: