SWEET HEART | WILD AT HEART | GWEN WRUCK

Hello creative friends,

Back today to share with you my very first layout using the divine 'Wild at Heart' collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I so adore the pastel elements in this collection and I've teamed them with a black and white photo of my daughter.


This layout started with this sweet little background cut file called "Heart Background" from the Silhouette store which I cut from plain white card stock.  I just love how it looked over the top of the 'Luscious' paper; I think it really shows off that beautiful ombre effect.  I have also added some stitching detail for interest and to keep it in place.


I also really wanted to use lots of the pieces from the Ephemera pack, these are a must in any collection and this one is no exception. There are so many pieces all varying in size and they always include all of the icons in the range and so many beautiful things to finish out your layout.



I started with the larger elements such as the blue and white doily and the pink frame.  The other larger elements I have used are from the 'Fussy Cuts' page including the large butterfly and the text "you're some kind of wonderful" which I've used as a bit of a sub-title for my page.



I've also added 2 smaller chipboard frames.  Once these larger elements were placed on the page I went back through the ephemera pack looking for smaller pieces.  I found the cute little 'love' ticket,  a cute tag, film strip and the die cut butterfly as well as the 'TODAY" and "Sweet" sentiments.  I also couldn't resist using two of the butterflies as well.


To round out the page I have added some chipboard pieces, a flair and those super sparkly enamel dots.  I couldn't have my tag without a pretty bow so I've added one with twine from my stash and then thought I'd add two more pieces in circular shapes on either side of the photo to balance out the design.

The collection is in store now, be sure to check it all out!

Thanks for popping by today.
Gwen xo

Labels: