Saturday, February 18, 2017

XOXO | LOVE ALWAYS | GWEN WRUCK

A big hello to you all, Gwen here today with another share for Cocoa Vanilla Studios using the divine 'Love Always' collection.  I will never get sick of the pastel shades in this line teaming them with black and white photos; this one of my husband and I on a recent (and rare) weekend away.
 

For this layout, I started with the off-cut/outline piece from the 'XO' Colour Me Happy Cut file which I had previously cut from a white sheet of card stock. I wanted to use the outline as a feature in my design.  I started by backing the cut file with the 'Class Act' paper; those dots are divine and I just loved how simple yet striking they were.  Next, I went about the task of hand stitching around the outline of each of the shapes.  I chose a soft pink thread to complement the pink chipboard elements I had planned to use later on.  This does take some time, but I feel the results are worth it!



The next step was to create my photo mat, adding paper layers from the 'Note to Self' and 'Twin Set' papers and then adding more hand stitching around the edge of my photo for extra detail.



To round out the design, I have used a few chipboard frames.  The first I chose was a perfect fit for the "This Makes me so Happy" element, which I have used as a bit of a sub title for the page.  This has been cut from the 'Lovely Things' paper.  The others I chose for their varying size and colours to help round out the design.  I love working with square photos, so adding the frames (which generally are also square) really pulls the design together.



Of course, I wanted to add some other smaller elements for interest; the Bits and Pieces pack and the Die Cut ephemera elements were perfect - you get so many elements in these and in lots of sizes too which is fab.


What better way to finish the page than with the sparkly Enamel Dots, cannot get enough of these and they are in the most perfect colours with a pretty sparkle to them.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the details of my latest layout and it has inspired you to get creative with some of the beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Studios products, there is so much to choose from and it is all divine!!

Thanks for popping by today, 
Gwen




























No comments: