Wednesday, December 7, 2016

"Celebrate Joy" for D-lish Scraps

Hi Everyone,

A Christmas share for me today which is a rare thing as I don't normally scrap a lot of Christmas photos... I'm not really sure why, as it is a big deal around our house!

Inspiration came from that beautiful image Amanda put up on the Facebook group The Scrap Suite
with the teal and pinks and whites in it... if you are not yet in the group, be sure to check it out, you'll see heaps of inspiration and get sneak peaks of kits and more :)

This layout started with the Vellum Stars in the Plus One kit.  There were quite a few included in this kit and I sorted through them and noticed that there were 2 that did not have the pop of black print on them.  I knew straight away they would be perfect for a Christmas layout in pastel colours.



I then had a bit of a brain wave to use these Wood Veneer Embroidery-Hoops and I thought I would try and turn them into a Christmas Bauble. I did this by mounting it onto some pattern paper and then adding a bow.  I added the Wood Veneer Hearts which I added some Inka Gold to for subtle shimmer.  I've added them in a way that helps make the bauble round.


I've also used some plain paper flowers, I liked these as they were a similar 'star' shape in a subtle way so they were a good fit.


To finish the layout I added the Enamel shapes stars too which were a nice touch and matched the star shape of the vellum and of course some Sequins.

Products used:

Wood Veneer Hearts
Flair
Sequins
Enamel shapes
Paper Flowers
Ombre-Wordfetti
Wood Veneer Embroidery-Hoops
Past Kit Bit (Vellum Stars)
Resin Bird





No comments: