Tuesday, October 25, 2016

"My Happiness" for D-lish Scraps

Happy Monday everyone,

Hoping to brighten the start of the work week with some scrappy inspiration.   I have a layout to share with you inspired by Charm's sketch challenge as part of the October Cybercrop over at the Scrap Suite.

I am a sucker for a sketch as it gives me "somewhere to start" and takes some of the thinking out of the design process AND you can still add your own touches, and change things up a little if you like!




and here is the details of the challenge:


In my usual style I have switched some things up... for example, I replaced the large bow with the butterfly which has gone through my Minc machine and that large Wood Veneer element.  I also switched out the love heart doily for a regular round one.  I have also added smaller doilies cut into 2 pieces to create a base for my title and smaller embellishment clusters.  



You can also see in the top right hand corner the centre part of that chipboard (the heart shape) and I've also added in some Resin Flowers.  If you take a look down the bottom of the layout you will see that I have created some texture for the base of my page.  I have used Punchinella to do this!  It makes for a really great mask, simply lay onto your page and push though gel medium or the like, I used Whipped Spackle for this one as it is a lovely white colour and dries super fast.  But you could use mist or paint, they all work really well.


For the chipboard, I painted with acrylic paint and let dry and then misted over with some Heidi Swapp Colour shine.  I have left parts more saturated than others rather than getting a fine and even coat for an interesting effect.  You will also see a tag in there, one of my favourite things to layer.

D-lish products used:

Be sure to check out the Kit Bit section for elements from previous kits such as the heart shape paper piece on the left of my photo.

Be sure to check out the other challenges over at the Scrap Suite for this month as well!




Thanks for popping by
Gwen



No comments: