Well hello everyone,
So sorry I have not been around too much - between organising the start of the school year and a trip to Fiji, time has been very short for me... I promise I will be popping by your blogs and leaving some love very soon!!
Today I'm here to share my um... well, one of my very first layouts. I began scrapping around 10 years ago now and a lot has changed over that time, but you know what, the more I look the more I see that has stayed the same.
1. My layouts are much more dimensional - this one is as flat as a tack!
2. I don't use pre-printed titles that often or those pinking scissors!!
3. I no longer use paper from Big W or K Mart - and usually have a card stock base or thick pattern paper so my page has some strength to it when loaded with embellies.
3. I have learned since this layout that just because there is blue in the photo doesn't mean every colour on the layout should be a shade of blue LOL I would definitely say I'm a lot more adventurous now with colour.
What has stayed the same...
1. I still do 12 x 12 single layouts - I did go through a "phase" of doubles so that both sides of my album matched, but that did not last too long.
2. I still scrap with single photos mostly preferring to print them larger rather than smaller. Photo size of choice is 5x7.
3. The design is still very similar to a lot of my designs now, linear and embellishments in groupings around the page... see the "flower cluster" in the bottom left corner :)
4. I still love flowers - don't think that will ever change.
5. and I still love layers... and a matted photo.
and proof you should never throw out any part of your stash; the last layout I did have vellum on it, and so does this one - although I have learned how better to stick it down without showing the glue!!
So, here it is...
That is me in the picture - on a trip to New Zealand many years ago.
It's been fun looking back - and seeing how much I've changed AND how much I've stayed the same.