Sunday, September 2, 2012

New sketch for Scrap Friends... Sketch # 5

Good morning everyone!

Well, here we are at the start of another month and that means a new sketch for Scrap Friends - yay!!!  I just love Angela's sketches, they are all FAB - Be sure to pop over to the blog and check them all out :)

Here is this months challenge sketch...

I had to have a big think about this one with that super large photo and how to keep it within my style...

I love a challenge and here is what I came up with....


I put gesso over my Thickers letters for the word "Park" as they were not quite the right colour, and love how you can still see some of the colour underneath... and they are now a better fit.



My flower cluster is new and old Prima mixed together and the cute little rose buds you can get here.

and the full layout...


Love the wood grain papers right now and Scrap Friends stocks a heap of these as well as many many other goodies.. check out the "what's new" section of the web site, lots to see there people!!!

I would love to see what you all create using this one - so get creating :)

Gwen







6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks really lovely Gwen, and yes that side where there is a big photo looks a bit trickey, but I love your take on it!! and of course, I love all your flowers!

Kim said...

Love that sketch!!!
And love your take on it too, Gwen!!!
Your choice of pp's is very nice & love your pic
If I get a chance I just might have to have a go at this sketch. Hope your week is awesome, Gwen.

Gina said...

just love your take on the sketch Gwen!..gorgeous flowers and thickers 'makeover'! :)

Heather McMahon said...

Gorgeous as usual Gwen! love the gessoed (how do you spell that?) letters.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch Gwen and a beautiful mix of pp's and embellishments!! :)

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!! totally gorgeous.