Bird is the word "Heart"

This fortnights challenge is up at Bird is the Word and the new word is "Heart".

I loved this one, there were so many thoughts running around in my mind, "I heart you" - and the very valentines day themed layouts that go with it, and then there was that quote.. something like, "Children hold our hands for a short time and our hearts forever" but, then I found this quote..."The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." by Maryanne Williamson and I created this:



I teamed together some very old Heidi Swapp letters and ribbon with some collections chip and for the very first time gave the Crackle Accents a go.. pretty happy with the result. (You can see it best in the last close up) I first painted the chip with white Kaiser paint, then glimmer misted with "Hula Hoop". Then once dry just added on the Crackle Accents and there you have it.

Now some close ups - I changed the way I take these (for the first two) and LOVE the result... See the beautiful Purple Pumpkin buttons... *sigh*



and last but not least this cute lil "Charming Floral" is from My2Angles - These are super sweet! and here you can see the finished chip.


There are lots of prizes up for grabs including a guest DT spot and Winner blinkie for your blog - so get on over there and give it a go!

Gwen