Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Well Hello everyone... Happy New Year to you all. I have been enjoying a couple of long weekends pottering around the house, doing some spring cleaning, some shopping and some relaxing :) It has been good not to have much travel to do this year and just be at home. I even went 2 days in a row with no make up which is pretty rare for me!!

I have even been taking a break from scrapping. I have all too many scrappy friends over do it and wear themselves out by over committing themselves and turning this wonderful hobby into a huge pressure in their lives. Well, not me :) I have enjoyed the break too but I am ready to scrap again and have a stack of project ideas ready for this new year - not to mention a heap of new photos.

While I'm here, I did want to show you this sweet gift I made for a good friend for Christmas... I had to leave it until now just in case she saw the blog before it arrived!!!



I up-cycled a beautiful gift book from my local newsagent with a Sizzix die cut and some Craft Queen flowers and ribbon. The paper is Glitz design and the mist is Ranger Perfect Pearls and OMG I love this stuff!!! This colour is Sunflower sparkle but it's more gold then yellow...yummo :) and half the price of the Glimmer mist too!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years and wish you all a fantastic Year filled with wishes come true!

Love Gwen

4 comments:

Kim said...

Happy New year to you too, Gwen and your family.
I've been having a bit of a break too...it's hard. Back into it tomorrow. Sounds like you are relaxing with home time and that is totally awesome. Relax and enjoy Gwen...so hope to meet you in June...we better make firm plans...so it happens!!!

Melinda said...

Happy New Year Gwen!! Gorgeous cards...really love the colours..they are stunning together!! :))xx

Petrina McDonald said...

nothing like a break to feel perfectly refreshed!

Mitra Pratt said...

Great book! If you don't mind, can you send me a link to that flower, they look YUMMY!