Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bird is the word "Amazing"

Happy Sunday to you all... what a glorious weekend we have had here on the beautiful Gold Coast.. 2 perfect winter days :) I haven't spent a lot of time scrappin this weekend, but I did seem to make the most of it... Here is the latest bird is the word challenge "Amazing".





I don't normally journal this much on a layout but I really wanted to tell this story and thought typing would be neater and allow for smaller text and more words :) I also got to use my new 3D Sizzix die which made the pretty flowers. I cut the pattern out first, then embossed them and then made them 3D.

I also did this one on Friday night just for fun... having a play with some of my new ribbon and lace. It's Caitlin all dressed up for her first disco, it was a summer theme :) Don't you just love the glasses!!




Thanks for stopping by.
Gwen

9 comments:

Fran said...

I love both these, Gwen - the journalling on the top one is so special and the bottom one is SO groovy and fun - I love it!!

Fran xx

Cathy said...

Both beautiful LO's Gwen.. love your journalling on your Amazing LO!! Thanks so much for playing along at BITW :))

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I like them both very much!I will agree with the other girls that commented! Fun photos on the second one and touching journaling on the 1st one!!!Thanks for playing along at BITW!

lizzyc said...

Hi Gwen! these are beautiful layouts! the journalling is very special in the first layout.. sometimes the story just needs to be told.. and love all the colors and layers on the second layout!! hope you have a great week!

Liz Weber said...

Hiya Gwen, love this beautiful layout, the flowers are devine, the photo is just precious and the design is wonderful! Have a fab weekend, hope that sun comes back soon hey!

GreenScrap said...

Your blog is Amazing!! Your layouts are beautiful and you have so many great techniques!! I truly love it!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Gwen, these look awesome...your flowers look very beautiful....layouts ...fantastic!
Very pretty and sweet.

sandi said...

Wow! LOVE both of these! So very pretty! The hearts in the first look so neat along with the cluster of flowers and the second one is so delicate with the cutest pics! Fab!

Rachael Funnell said...

Both Layouts Are Gorgeous Gwen.....
Loving the Cluster of flowers on both LO's!!
Thanks for joining in on BITW!!!
xx